Who, What, When, Where
Approximately $400,800 for Cisco Municipal Airport was approved by the Texas Transportation Commission at its October meeting.
- The funds will be used for planned airport improvements, which includes:
Design/construction for pavement improvements
- A project consultant will begin design this fall.
- Project costs will be funded through the city of Cisco and TxDOT’s Aviation Facilities Grant Program, which preserves and improves the state’s general aviation system.
- This year, TxDOT expects to provide approximately $60 million in funding for planning, constructing and maintaining community airports.
- Approximately 275 community airports in Texas are eligible for funding.
- Arrivals and departures from community airports account for more than three million flight hours per year and provide aircraft facilities for agricultural, medical, business and commuter use.