Nancy Lou Acker Fambro

Nancy Lou Acker Fambro, 90 of Strawn, passed away Friday July 19, 2019 in Garland. Graveside services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 27th at the Wayland Cemetery, directed by Edwards Funeral Home.

Nancy was born on February 4, 1929 in Greenville, Texas to Walter Acker and Lucille Horton Acker. She married Luther James Fambro on August 11, 1948 in Greenville. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Ranger and active in Community Bible Study in Eastland for over 20 years.

She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Luther Fambro; daughter, Barbara Ann Fambro; son, Alan Ray Fambro; and sister, Anna Acker Alexander.

Survivors include 2 sons, Rick Fambro and wife Jane of Dallas, and Randy Fambro wife Judy of Strawn; 1 daughter, Carol Blackburn and husband Brad of Alberta, Canada; 7 grandchildren; and many great grandchildren.

Condolences may be left for the family at: www.edwards-funeral-homes.com.

10 Responses to "Nancy Lou Acker Fambro"

1. SHEREE kline   July 26, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Randy and Judy, nothing ever prepares us to lose a parent, no matter what…that’s our parent. But we know that her illness has been a long hard fight and shes won the battle to rest in Jesus. Our prayers out to you all. Love yall.
    Sheree and Stephen

2. Jim & Judy Bernethy   July 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Randy, Judy and family we send our love. May you enjoy the precious memories God gives us to hold close in our hearts until we meet again our loved ones. I know the road has been hard but God makes us stronger through our trials.

3. Lisa Wells   July 24, 2019 at 3:51 PM

My deepest sympathies to you all. She was a really sweet lady.

4. Michelle Henson   July 24, 2019 at 2:39 PM

So sad to hear as Nancy was an Beautiful & Awesome Christian Woman!! My thoughts and prayers for Rick, Randy & Carol in the loss of your Mom!! I truly enjoyed both of your parents as they were such giving souls!! They always opened their home and provided support to FBC youth & college. Your families are in my thoughts and prayers!! Big hugs & love to all!!

5. Cheryl Swinney   July 24, 2019 at 8:29 AM

Nancy and Luther were two of the first people we met when we moved to Ranger in 1987. They were so kind and supportive. Nancy was my Sunday school teacher for many years. She was a role model and I learned many things from her. She let her light shine. So sorry Rick, Carol and Randy for your loss. Prayers are with you and the family. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™.

6. LaDawn Little Snapp   July 24, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Your mom was one of the sweetest women I know. Sheโ€™s now in that circle in heaven with family celebrating and serving God. May God wrap you in his loving arms and give you strength and endurance during this time. Prayers for your family.

7. Marge Bendickson   July 23, 2019 at 10:04 PM

Randy and Judy,
    So sorry to hear about your mom. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

8. Jimi Bates   July 23, 2019 at 9:24 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. You & your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

9. Sue Graham Gill   July 23, 2019 at 8:55 PM

Nancy was one of my motherโ€™s (Verna Graham) best friends. She was such a sweet Christian lady, and my family thought the world of her. My deepest sympathies for the family.

10. Andrea Bennett   July 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM

So sorry for your loss. Your mother was such a sweet lady. She always had good words of wisdom for me.