Jackson Venable, student at Cisco Jr. High School was recently elected to the position of Chaplain General for the State Board of Management for The Children of the Republic of Texas. Jackson also serves as President of his local CRT Chapter, the Clear Fork of the Brazos Chapter in Breckenridge, Texas. The Children of the Republic of Texas is a lineal organization for children up to 21 years of age. The organization’s objectives are
- To encourage the study of Texas History
- To help preserve the places made sacred by the men and women who achieved Texas Independence
- To stimulate historical research into the earliest records of Texas
- To foster the preservation of documents and relics
- To revere the Flag of Texas and to promote its display
- To cherish and preserve TEXAS, ONE AND INDIVISIBLE, as achieved by the Fathers and Mothers of the Texas Revolution.