While the City of Eastland Declaration of Local Disaster Due to Public Health Emergency remains in effect through May 18, 2020, the Governor of Texas has issued Executive Order No. 18 (EO 18), effective at 12:01 A.M. on May 1, 2020 which allows the limited reopening of non-essential businesses as follows:
- Retail services may operate at up to 25% of the total listed occupancy of the retail establishment.
- Dine-in Restaurants 25% of listed occupancy, provided less than 51% of gross receipts are from alcohol sales.
- Movie theaters up to 25% of listed capacity for each screening.
- Museums and Libraries. May operate at up to 25% capacity, interactive exhibits remain closed.
- Services provided by individual working alone in an office.
- Counties with five or Fewer COVID 19 cases, may operate at 50% capacity
- Golf Course operations
- Local Government
- Other services listed in future executive orders.
1. The conditions do not apply to essential business activities.
2. Religious activities should be conducted in accordance with the joint guidance issued and updated by the attorney general and governor.
3. People shall not visit bars, gyms, public swimming pools, interactive amusement venues, such as bowling alleys and video arcades, massage establishments, tattoo studios, piercing studios, cosmetology salons.
4. The executive order does not prohibit people from accessing essential or reopened services or engaging in essential daily activities, such as going to grocery stores or gas stations, visiting parks, hunting or fishing, or engaging in physical activity so long as the necessary precautions are maintained to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to minimize person-to-person contact with people who are not in the same household.
5. People shall not visit nursing homes, living centers, assisted living facilities, or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance as determined by the Texas health and human services (HHSC). Nursing homes, living centers, assisted living facilities should follow infection control policies and practices set forth by the HHSC, including minimizing movement of staff between facilities whenever possible.
6. Schools will remain closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
Each business should open in accordance with EO 18, and the checklists in The Governor’s Report to Open Texas. View EO 18 at https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-issues-executive-order-relating-to-the-expanded-reopening-of-services & the Governor’s Report at https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas.
For questions please stop by Eastland City Hall, 113 E Commerce St. Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., excluding holidays, or call during business hours at (254) 629-8321.