- Hospital visitation will remain suspended until April 21, 2020.
- All doors to the hospital will be locked. Any foot traffic will need to present to the Emergency Room entrance on Daugherty Street and wait to be assisted by a hospital representative via intercom. All will be required to complete a questionnaire prior to entrance. All non-emergent and routine testing will be rescheduled.
- We ask that the Emergency Room only be used in case of emergencies and call before, if possible.
- Elective and non-essential procedures will be rescheduled until further notice.
- Physical Therapy patients will present to the Plummer Street entrance and communicate via intercom between the hours of 10 am – 5 pm. A questionnaire will be completed prior to
entrancefor treatment. All PT/Cardiac Rehab patients need to call the office at 254-631-5358 when you arrive.
- All Outpatient Specialty Clinics will be postponed until April 21, 2020
. Luby’sCafeteria, Earl & Billye Bradley Wellness Center and Sunshine Shoppe will be closed to the public until further notice.
Eastland Memorial Hospital has limited tests available for patients that meet CDC criteria. Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Excessive Coughing
- Shortness of Breath
If you are experiencing these symptoms you may wish to call your local provider about where and how to receive the appropriate treatment. Abilene Diagnostic Clinic, in Abilene, is available for drive through testing.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol works as well.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Populations such as the elderly and those with chronic illnesses are more vulnerable to COVID-19 and the CDC recommends limiting contact with large groups at this time.
- Avoid group settings of 10 or more people.
Eastland Memorial Hospital District recognizes the seriousness of COVID-19 and wants to assure the citizens of Eastland County that appropriate measures are being taken to ensure the safety of our community at this time and prevent the spread of the virus. Current information about the virus and the measures EMHD is taking are available on our Facebook pages as well as our website, www.eastlandmemorial.com or you may call our main number, 254-629-2601 and ask to speak to Administration. For current information about COVID-19 please visit www.cdc.gov as guidelines are changing daily
This message has been approved by EMHD Medical Staff, Board of Directors and Administration