Socialize

Peewee Lynn of Strawn

Peewee obit picPeewee Lynn was born September 4, 1953 in Ranger, Texas to the proud parents of Pauline and Jimmie Lynn. He grew up in Strawn Texas, attended Strawn Schools and Graduated from High School in 1972. Peewee then joined the United States Marine Corp and served his country proudly. After returning home he attended Ranger College. He later began a life long career as a self-employed welder. He welded mostly in the oilfield from New Mexico to Tennessee and from Pennsylvania to Houston Texas.

Peewee was a member of the St. John Catholic Church in Strawn. He was a loving father, grandfather, brother, and son. He is survived by two sons; who were the love of his life, Alan Lynn of Strawn and Jesse Lynn of Childress. The most precious thing in Peewee’s life was his 6 grandchildren: Christopher, Dylan, Alexis, Nicholas, Aidan, and Tucker. He is also survived by his parents: Pauline and Jimmie Lynn of Strawn; his two brothers: Stinker Lynn and wife Janet of Mingus; Larry Lynn of Strawn; three sisters: Brenda Martin and husband Ronny Ford of Mingus; Jennifer Rushing and husband James of Ranger; and Paula Ausburne of Ranger; Also numerous aunts; uncles; nieces; nephews; and many many friends.

Peewee will be greatly missed by all who knew him as he joins his savior.

Rosary will be 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at Edwards Funeral Home in Strawn. Funeral will be at 10:00 a.m. Thursday, August 29, 2013 at St. Boniface Catholic Church at Dodson Prairie. Burial will follow at Dodson Prairie Cemetery.

Print Friendly

Google1DeliciousDiggGoogleStumbleuponRedditYahooBloggerRSS

7 Responses to Peewee Lynn of Strawn

1. Carroll W. McInroe

September 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Geno,
    I would love to hear some of those Pee Wee stories some day. We all loved him so. He was one of a kind, tough as God makes ‘em, also so gentle, friendly and welcoming. I had no idea anyone ever called Pee Wee “tubby,” even a Drill Sgt.
    God, I miss him. So long Pee Wee.
    McInroe

2. brenda stone

August 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Gonna miss ya Peewee. Ill never forget your sheepish grin and those mischievous twinkle in your eye. You and Stinker were like brothers when we run the pasture at Nanna’s. Love you kid.

3. cynthia Pitman

August 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

My heart goes out to Paulin and Jimmy may God stay beside you.PeeWee was a good person and friend.Have a lot of storys I could tell but most of the the people that read this will know them.lol Prayers for all of his family.He will be missed by everyone…..Love and prayers …Cynthia Pitman

4. cynthia Pitman

August 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM

My heart and prayers go out to Pauline and Jimmy. PeeWee was a good person and friend.when We first moved to Strawn we were told some bad things about PeeWee but it didnt take long to see that they were not all true.But that is a small town.lol Sorry I want be able to make it back.prayers and love go to all of the family. love ya Cynthia Pitman

5. Geno Nunez

August 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Peewee was a one of a kind individual, when they made him the mold was broken and thrown out. He took things as they came, at times he was tough when it was required and the rest of the time he was a gentle man caring for everyone around him.

I grew up with him, we became best of friends and did just about anything you can imagine doing in a small town. After spending a night out with Shaylor Copeland, Larry Marine, and Joe Moore who had been discharged from the Marines shortly before that night, we decided to join the Marine Corps ourselves. When I went to pick up Peewee the next morning so we could go to Weatherford to join, he told me I was crazy to go back home, but I was not taking no for an answer because we had promised to do so. After we arrived at Parris Island MCRD I started having second thoughts.

I think what Darla said was funny, about Peewee holding the barn door open. While we were in boot camp our drill instructors thought Peewee needed to lose some weight so they made him hold the door open to the mess hall so our platoon could enter and he would be the last one in and have the least amount of time to eat. Amazing how I can still hear the drill instructor yell out “let them in tubby ” and Peewee would run to open the door so we could march in.

I will truly miss him. There are so many things I could tell about what we did together but it would take too long to do so here.

6. Karen Stevens

August 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. I didn’t know him but know the family. Again, I am so sorry for the pain you must endure. May he rest in Peace. Obviously he has more to protect and serve in Heaven. GOD be with you all

7. Darla Martinez

August 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM

He always treated me like family, not an ex or just someone who came around with his brother. He never had anything but a smile when no one else did. A great man to me and i will think of him often.I love you all and know the hurt in your hearts. but he will be holding the barn door open as we all enter heaven someday…. My prayers are with you all….Love ya Darla